Create your own deed poll

    Do you want to date the deed poll with today’s date?
    Do you want the deed poll to be suitable for enrolment?

    You can choose to have your deed poll enrolled in the Royal Courts of Justice if you wish. If you answer “no” you will not be able to enrol your deed poll.

    Your marital status
    Your type of citizenship

    Use two witnesses

    How to change your name in the U.K.

    1. Fill in this form
    2. If you want to enrol your deed poll you need to answer “yes” for the question “Do you want the deed poll to be suitable for enrolment?”
    3. Download your deed poll and print it out
    4. Sign the the deed poll in both your old and new names in the presence of your witness(es)
    5. Have your witness(es) sign the deed poll in your presence

    Who can be your witness

    You need to choose someone who:

    • knows who you are
    • is resident in the U.K.
    • is not a relative or your partner
    • has not been detained under the Mental Health Act